Staycation 2012 - Sunday #1

After church on Sunday, another good friend introduced me to the deliciousness of Einstein Bros Bagels. I had a breakfast sandwich of egg, bacon, and cheese on a spinach Florentine bagel.

Oh. My. Goodness ... that was yummy! My only concern is that I might end up there too often.

Another fun fact about Einstein Bros Bagels is their bathroom decor. Check it out.

This is the art hanging in the Ladies' Room.
 
It says "the acoustics are great in here."

Ya know, just in case you need some rehearsal space, or something.

Or maybe they are just trying to warn us that dining patrons can hear EVERYTHING, so don't be talking all batty to yourself or working out any deep emotional issues while doing your business, or washing your hands.


This is the art hanging in the Men's Room.

I find this equally interesting.

The text in the lower left says "my kingdom for a square."

A square of what? Of toilet paper, perhaps? Hmmm, interesting.

The text in the lower right says "great leaders always wash their hands."

So, I'm starting to think that Einstein Bros Bagels thinks all guys are pigs. And that they need some — shall we say, encouragement? — in the hygiene department.

Okay, certain cousins of mine, if they are reading this, are probably shaking their heads and saying "she's back to her old tricks again!" Old family joke. I might blog about it someday, but just trust me when I say I am not a perv.

I had very solid and sound reasons for stealing the Men's bathroom one day. Probably because some diva was spending too much time rehearsing in the Ladies Room.

After a fantastic visit with my friend, I headed home to do some less interesting stuff (by blogging standards, anyways) that I wanted to do.

Later that night, I went to see Men in Black III with a friend. This "threquel" did not disappoint and scores high points for fun and entertainment. Will Smith is still hubba-hubba sexy and super funny. Tommy Lee Jones still has his snarky charm. Josh Brolin does a fantastic job impersonating Tommy Lee Jones as a young K. And the amazing Emma Thompson is in this movie. Basically, they all brought their A-game. If you haven't seen this one already, put it on your list. It's worth the $6-8 you'd pay to see it in 2D.

Once again, the evening weather was absolutely gorgeous, and I talked my friend into joining me on yet another outdoor patio for food and drinks. This time we went to one of my downtown favorites ... a charming and distinguished whiskey bar that has excellent salads, sliders, soups, sandwiches, and appetizers. My favorite is their Goat Cheese Salad, which happens to be my favorite salad in town. However, on this night, I ordered their sweet potato chips with honey goat cheese dip. Oh. So. Delicious. My friend ordered their humus plate, which is also a fav among locals. I think there was a little wine and whiskey flowing, too.

Another day of good times ... and still loving it!

Cheri

P.S. My girls and I are not big fans of 3D movies, and thankfully, neither is my friend who went to see MIB III with me. What about you? Do you prefer 2D or 3D, and why? Also, Nat and I are wondering if the "Bros" in Einstein Bros Bagels is short for brothers (my speculation) or if it is just bros ... as in, "ya know, bro?" (her speculation). Thots?

Comments

  1. Almost certainly short for brothers, as it was around before "bro" was coined.

    And yeah, 3D is almost always the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts