Staycation 2012 - Winding Down

Saturday #2

I stuffed a week's worth of errands into the final Saturday of my Staycation, and I waited until the village-wide garage sales rolled-up shop before sneaking in a run (mainly to avoid the distracted drivers). Later that evening, I went to a "painting party studio" with one of my friends. The studio is relatively new to downtown and blends painting instruction with a party atmosphere. We bring the booze and snacks, they provide the materials and instruction, and we end up leaving with a painted canvas. I attended a class/party a few weeks ago and had so much fun that I decided to do it again! This particular painting took a bit longer and challenged me much more than the first one, but it was a such rewarding stretch. And since there were only two of us in the class that night (word was still getting out about this nifty gig*), it gave me an opportunity to get to know our instructor a bit more. Who, coincidentally, is a very groovy gal!

   
My first painting back in May!My second painting from Saturday!
*Fast forward to 2014 and classes sell out almost as soon as they are posted to the calendar.

Sunday #2

By Sunday, my Staycation was definitely winding down. I treated myself to a yummy breakfast at Einstein Bagel before church, then headed over to the paint-your-own pottery place to pick up Nicole's present. Wow! I was sooooo happy with the results!

From inspiration, to start, to finish! Hope she likes it!!

After lunch, I went to my sister's house to celebrate my nephew's birthday. He turned six and had just finished Kindergarten. I was super impressed that he read his entire birthday card - as it had lots of words (and kind of bigger words)!

Epilogue

The one thing missing from my staycation was Natalie. She was with her dad this past week, but she comes home tonight. I miss her dearly and I’m looking forward to having her back home. I’m also excited to show Natalie my Calla Lily painting and the gift I painted for Nicole. Natalie is an amazing artist, so I’m a bit nervous about showing her … but I know she’ll be proud of me for stepping outside my comfort zone of creativity. She’s that awesome. And I’m definitely planning to do some of these painting things with her (and Nicole) in the near future. I’m also looking forward to spending more time with Natalie when I take two weeks off while she is home later this summer.

Cheri

P.S. And then ... I started this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts