Staycation 2012 - Friday #2 & LNO

Have you ever experienced the deliciousness of Georgia Pecan Pancakes? I had been craving these sweet thangs for quite some time now, so I started off my Friday at my favorite local pancake house. After eating way too much comfort food for breakfast, I rolled myself over to the "paint-your-own pottery" place to finish up Nicole's gift. I was pleasantly surprised to run into one of my newfound pottery friends; but less pleasantly surprised by the swarm of kiddos. The weather was still a bit meh, so this was the place to be if you had restless kiddos. Too bad I forgot to bring my duct tape (my family is cracking up right now). Despite the chaos, I did manage to finish painting Nicole's plate. I was super excited with the results thus far, and I couldn't wait to see the finished and fired product. I was even more excited to learn I'd probably be able to pick it up before Nicole's birthday.

Trying to sort out colors for the branch was the trickiest part!

I was entertaining the notion of a pedicure about the time a friendly citizen pointed out a faulty headlamp on my car. I thought perhaps the Walmart Service Center could help me out with that, but they wouldn't touch it. Said it was too complicated and would take too much work to get to the bulb. Really? Wow. Okay, so I figured I had better call Farm and Fleet before driving there, just in case they, too, lacked expertise in changing lightbulbs. When I presented my "complicated" issue to them (stressing how complicated it might be because the "experts" at WSC told me so), Farm and Fleet assured me they were "manly men enough" to get the job done. True to their word, they had me lit up in about 30 minutes, and I finally headed home to get ready for my ladies night out.

The sun decided to come out later that afternoon, so the patios were once again calling my name. Decided to sneak in a glass of Malbec outside of a swanky downtown bar before meeting my friends at an artsy movie theater. While minding my own business (I swear!), I overheard the most random and goofy statements from a nearby table that almost gave me giggle fits. Decided to distract myself by (finally) downloading and playing with Instagram. Word has it my first post was downright scary.

Finally met up with my friends to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Wow! What a fantastic movie. If you've not seen it, and want to see an artsy film with a tender and funny story, I highly recommend this gem. After the movie, two of us ended up at a fun bar featuring microbrews and fancy martinis - where I had the most girly-girl of drinks I think I've ever had. Damn sexy drink! So sexy that I decided to capture the essence in an Instagram photo. By the end of the eve, we found a comfy spot in an unassuming downtown bar with a (surprisingly) quality wine selection. We had so much fun sharing and giggling that we lost track of time and closed the place down.

My first Instagram photos! Still waiting on my creative awards to roll in.
Today's discoveries:
  • Damn! I can kinda paint cutesy pictures.
  • Walmart Service Techs can't screw in light bulbs.
  • Farm and Fleet are "manly men" enough to get the job done.
  • Instagram
  • Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (truly made me want to travel to India)
  • Raspberry Cosmos
Cheri

P.S. I treasure times like these spent with my friends ... and particularly enjoy the bonding, giggle factor, and silliness of Ladies Night Out. We all get so busy with work and such that it is nice to take some time out to invest in creating and having fun. What do you do to keep silliness in your life?

P.S.S. I do realize I am trying to finish up this Staycation series two years (yes, you heard that correctly) after I started the adventure. All I hafta say is ... 1) Better late than never; 2) Good thing I kept notes in a journal; 3) I'm pretty sure this post is way better now than it would have been then (trust me, I saw the original draft).

Comments

Popular Posts